Saturday, April 19, 2008

Cheapo Lobster!

This is my 2nd time patronised Toa Payoh for cheap and worth-spending food within a month. 1st with my colleagues, and now with my bro.

Well, this place is located near TPY Lor 4, a very old neighbourhood area and is not so easy to spot this restaurant among these. My bro said here is famous for their reasonable and affordable lobster meal, price ranges from S$15 to S$20. So I ordered a Lobster with Chicken set meal as recommended and waited for 15mins.

Here is my personal view for this set meal:
- Soup and garlic bread are served before the meal
Canned soup, diluted and tasteless :(
- Lobster with Chicken
Reasonable Lobster size, nice tender chicken :)
- Coffee and snack
Vending machine Nescafe coffee, acceptable almond Choco cake :l
Price: S$15.50 + S$2.80 (set meal) = S$18.30.

Verdict: This coffee shop sized restaurant is too small when the place is over-crowded during peak hours. Service is good and meal is affordable. Some of the negative point is the cheapo vending machine coffee and canned tasteless soup. Else, it will be perfect. My rating: 6.5/10.

*** Convention 2005-07 Special Edition: Paul Gascoigne (Lazio away with a face support mask), Brian Clough (ex-manager of Nottingham Forest with his famous green jumper) and Pierluigi Collina (referee of World Cup 2002 Final).