Sunday, August 24, 2008

SAFRA Army Half Marathon 2008 (24th Aug 08)

Woke up 5 am today, reached there by 6.20am & flagged off at 6.45am. Today i have participated in the SAFRA Army Half Marathon, this time round, no more "rice dumpling" as breakfast! Instead, i ate breads which can last me longer.

After 2 months plus since the Passion run in June, i have not make a single running session ever since, and it really took its toll on me. For the start, i do some slow jogging, until the 7km mark, i started to slow down at ard ECP area. I half walked half run until the 14km mark. From then on, it is disastrous. The make-shift road (those meant for construction worksite) is so uneven and muddy, not sure why it is planned that way. To avoid any injuries, i walked thru out the whole route till the Marina Barrage (abt 1.5km away). After that, i continued my run. Partly due to some muscle-ache on my thigh area, i struggled to complete the race. In the end, i took abt 2hrs 52mins 07 sec to finish (my expected timing is 2.5hrs). (Will update again once i got the actual timing).

At Pandang, it is more worse. The field is all covered by mud, and i have to maneuver ard to collect the finisher meadal and drinks. In the end, my shoes became brown. Luckily, once i reached home, it started to run hreavily up till now. And my next run? The KPE 10km run in September... :)

* Congratulate to my colleague Jasper, for completed the run too.


*** Tomasz Kuszczak (Poland/ Manchester Utd): This is not a very special figure. But is rare coz he is the 2nd choice Goalkeeper in Manchester Utd. Normally, only the first choice keeper from each club is released in the Series. But for Series 40, he is released too after Van Der Saar in Series 32. Two keepers to be released in a club. 1st time...